(1) Measures for salinity control and flood management in Kuttanad.
- Modernisation of Thannermukkom Bund to manage salinity and minimize Ecological decay.
- Improving the efficiency of the Thottapally Spill Way and leading channel.
- Regulation of flood water in Kayal area near C&D and Rani Chithira Blocks.
- Complete construction of the AC canal with removal of all blocks.
(2) Providing infrastructure support to paddy cultivation
- Need for restoration of KWS, Onattukara and Thuravoor-Pattanakadu rivers, canals, drains and water bodies like ponds.
- Orumuttu - Creation of 33 permanent orumuttus at Kottachira across Kariyar