All the Major and Medium Irrigation Projects (10 completed schemes and 2 projects under execution) in the Northern part of the state, i.e from Palakkad to Kasargod comes under the control of Chief Engineer Cauvery Cell
- Kuttiyadi Irrigation Scheme (KyIP)
- Malampuzha Irrigation Scheme
- Walayar Irrigation Scheme
- Meenkara Irrigation Scheme
- Chulliyar Irrigation Scheme
- Chitturpuzha River Diversion Scheme
- Mangalam Irrigation Scheme
- Pothundy Irrigation Scheme
- Pazhassi River Diversion Scheme
- Kanhirapuzha Irrigation Scheme
- Karapuzha Irrigation Project
- Banasurasagar Irrigation Project (In progress)
Under the Chief Engineer, Cauvery cell there are two circle offices in the northern part of the state, one at Kannur and other one at Palakkad.
1. Office of the Superintending Engineer, Project Circle, Kannur
2. Office of the Superintending Engineer, Siruvani Project Circle, Palakkad.